Tuesday 2 June 2015

First post





Hi.

I'm not actually Kull the Conqueror. That would be really cool, but I'm not. I'm Siddharth Shiva, and I have a reason for naming this blog Kull The Conqueror.

First, who's Kull?


Kevin Sorbo is Kull. He plays him in the 1997 action fantasy flick called Kull The Conqueror. Kull is a barbarian created by Robert E. Howard who is also famous for creating another barbarian, Conan. Conan! Everybody knows Conan. Everybody knows Arnold Schwarzenegger plays him. Who the fuck is Kevin Sorbo? Why Kull?

Because Kull rocks, Kull rules. That's the movie's tag line. It was initially meant to be the third Conan movie but Arnie was bored of playing a barbarian and instead played Mr. Freeze in everyone's favorite Batman movie (Batman and Robin, in case you were wondering), the same year. So they changed the name of the title character and cast this Sorbet dude and Kull was born.

But why is this blog named after Kull and not Conan?

Because nobody likes Kull. The movie was steaming pile of nonsense and people forgot about it immediately. It was the one time that people triumphed over the cold calculating studio executives who believe they can feed us anything. I honestly found the movie pretty fun. SPOILER ALERT: Kull dies and comes back to life in the first ten minutes of the movie.

So power to the people! Don't be sheeple! We won the battle but we don't want to lose the war. So this blog will serve as a guide to the better parts of popular culture, and some not so popular cultures. And other things too. I might change my mind. Just like Conan became Kull.

PS. I wanted to name the blog dammitkarndiditfirst, but I changed my mind. Just like Conan became Kull. Check out Karn's blog. It's full of pop culture too. Randomkarn.blogspot.in.